The Student Ambassador is a student/alum who has attended a FULL ACCESS Student Summit previously. Each Summit has a Student Ambassador in attendance for the purpose of new attendees to have "one of their own" with experience whom they can ask questions of, learn from and add to their network. During the fall, student ambassadors have the opportunity to attend the COSD Annual National Conference held solely for employers and higher education professionals. Also, this student has the opportunity to participate in Summit activities like meeting employers, attending training sessions and meals, and enjoying the guest speakers.
The Student Ambassador traditionally attends the Annual National Conference and the FULL ACCESS Student Summit.
- If the student is chosen as the ambassador and accepts the role, he/she will be required to attend the Annual National Conference and Student Summit in full.
- Student Ambassador will participate in the Student Led Discussion Group session during the Annual National Conference.
- Student Ambassador will be required to prepare a 5 minute testimony to present at the FULL ACCESS Student Summit opening session. More details of what is to be included in the testimony will be given after selection.
- Student Ambassador will be required to serve as a resource to students while at the Summit. Ambassador will become an honorary COSD ‘staff’ member for the Summit and assist with other duties as assigned.
- Student Ambassador will be required to answer questions and network with students during registration, reception, and all meals.
COSD will pay for the Student Ambassador’s travel and accommodations (hotel room) associated with his/her attendance. COSD will also provide the Ambassador with all pertinent materials prior to the event.