Our next FULL ACCESS Student Summit will be in Fort Worth, TX, April 11th-12th, 2014!
WHAT IS FULL ACCESS?
This exclusive event brings together up to sixty college students or recent alumni with disabilities and ten select national and regional employers for a networking and education summit. FULL ACCESS is not a career fair. It is not an opportunity to interview one-on-one with individual students and there should be NO expectation to extend a job offer at the Summit. FULL ACCESS IS a golden opportunity for employers to meet up to 60 prospective employees with disabilities.
WHAT WILL I LEARN/GAIN?
• Become more comfortable interacting with and recruiting students with disabilities;
• Gain insights into students disabilities, to formulate successful recruitment strategy;
• Develop a clear understanding of talent and qualifications in this specific population;
• About resources to assist in recruiting students including COSD’s Career Gateway;
• Potentially find quality candidates to strengthen and diversify our workforce;
WHAT ARE THE GOALS OF FULL ACCESS?
• College students and recent alumni with disabilities will be comfortable with employers;
• Better understanding of college students and recent graduates with disabilities;
• Encourage inclusion of these students with Corporate Diversity recruitment plans.
WHEN WILL THE SUMMIT OCCUR?
April 11th-12th, 2013
The Summit is two half-day sessions, beginning at 1:30pm on Friday the 11th, concluding at 1:30pm on Saturday the 12th.
WHERE WILL IT BE HELD?
The Sheraton Fort Worth. 1701 Commerce St, Fort Worth, TX 76102
WHAT STUDENTS CAN I EXPECT TO SEE?
A diverse group of pre-screened and pre-selected college students and recent graduates with disabilities, the majority of which will be from local universities and colleges. Past FULL ACCESS Student Summits have included mostly juniors, seniors, graduate and post-doctoral students, and recent graduates. The diversity of students go well beyond disability to include age, level of experience, majors, and ethnicity to name a few.
WHAT EMPLOYERS AND SPONSORS HAVE PARTICIPATED IN THE PAST?
Past employers have included a wide variety of private and public sector entities such as AIG, AT&T, American Airlines, Bank of America, Bridgestone Firestone, Bureau of Land Management, Cisco, Dow Chemical, Ernst & Young, FritoLay, The Gap, Google, HSC Foundation, Internal Revenue Service, Johnson Scholarship Foundation, Lockheed Martin, Microsoft, Merck, NBCUniversal, Northrop Grumman, Office of Naval Intelligence, Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, Shell Oil, Social Security Administration, SunTrust Bank, Tropicana, US Department of Transportation-Federal Highway Administration, Verizon, Wachovia Bank, Walmart and the Walt Disney Company.